Would you like to engage directly with C-level executives, IT professionals and influencers at all levels to help assess and understand the business value, ROI and financial benefits of running workloads on AWS? Can you take complex IT workloads and cost model scenarios and simplify them down to the essentials, that are easy for sales managers and reps to understand and apply? Are you good at defining and quantifying business value, benefits and migration costs of improved processes and tooling? Do you have the business background, sales experience, analytical skills and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in cloud computing?
As a Japan Cloud Economics Business Development Manager (BDM) you will help AWS’s largest and most strategic customers and prospects shape their information technology strategies and business models to quantify the benefits of running workloads on AWS. To do this, you will work with senior executives at our customers and their partners across the region to frame the economic and business benefit of their cloud adoption strategy. You will communicate the economic value proposition for AWS to a broad audience of senior financial customer executives (CFO level). You will identify economic barriers to adoption of AWS with these customers and develop repeatable strategies to overcome these barriers. You will enable the broader AWS field organization to understand how to build the increased business value of AWS into their account plans and sales strategy. You will serve as focal point for all business value, TCO, ROI, business case and financial discussions with our customers and partners.
Your responsibilities will include driving business case, value analysis and ROI related BD activities within AWS, supporting the Sales organization, Marketing, BD and Partner teams on ROI/economic related customer and partner engagements. You will serve as an expert resource on the financial modeling of IT applications and infrastructures. You will engage directly with our customer's CFOs and their organization to understand the impact of cloud on the business case and funding decisions. In appropriate cases, you will bring in other AWS resources as necessary to help our customers properly evaluate their IT options from an economic perspective.
You will be part of a cross-functional team including business development, sales, solution architecture, partners, and professional services, engaging with senior leadership internally and within the partner and customer environment. You will focus on driving successful outcomes for customers, developing IP and mechanisms to build repeatable and scalable engagements, and developing an effective partner ecosystem. You will identify commercial blockers to cloud adoption across Japan and make recommendations to either overcome them.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of the enterprise. The candidate will have the technical depth, business experience, and financial understanding to effectively communicate the economic benefits of cloud computing to C-Level executives. The candidate will have familiarity with the sales process, and how injecting business value and economic discussions can help drive/accelerate the sales cycle. The candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, with quantifying and developing business cases to justify large-scale technology investments, including creating detailed cost models for these environments.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as a key member of the Japan Business Development team in helping to drive AWS Sales engagements with our customers regarding the economics of their IT infrastructure.
· Work with AWS Sales, Solutions Architects and BD teams to drive proactive of business value and financial conversations with our customers
· Serve as a central resource for the Japan Sales team to help our customers create appropriately detailed financial models for their current and future IT landscape.
· Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the economic benefit of using AWS relative to deploying applications on-premise or in traditional data centers
· Develop a standard business case / TCO framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the regional Sales, BD and Marketing teams
· Create a repository of cloud economics cases studies to share learnings and benchmark data within the AWS team and with our partners
· In conjunction with Training, help create cloud economics related training programs and material for AWS partners, and AWS customers themselves so that they can properly address TCO and economic-related issues
· Work with internal stakeholders to communicate market realities regarding the economics of running IT applications and infrastructures in the cloud
· Prepare and present business reviews to the senior Sales and BD management teams regarding progress and roadblocks on cloud economics-related issues
· 7 years of business development, management consulting, financial advisory or IT Management experience.
· Prior experience working with senior executives (both IT and Finance), IT outsourcing vendors and cloud service providers to analyze implementation options for on-premises, remote virtualized and cloud IT Infrastructures.
· Working experience with detailed business case development, financial modeling and analysis of large-scale technology investments
· Experience working in the sales cycle, either directly, or as a pre-sales resource
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including sales, marketing, business development and training.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively and deliver results across cross-functional, remote and virtual teams.
· Demonstrate a strong bias for action and hands-on approach.
· Management or Financial Advisory Consulting background highly desired
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
· Experience with data center migration and IT refresh analysis is highly desired
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Strategic Planning
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-21