Excited by mixing Fashion with Tech? Amazon Fashion is looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to drive strategic initiatives and build analytical tools for our core business and technology partners.
At a high level, our team consists of BIEs working on time-bound projects to 1) optimize/create mechanisms and processes to improve how we run our fashion business at Amazon and 2) improve how our customers shop fashion on Amazon. Our team members do so by creating scalable solutions and features that leverage tech, automation, and centralized business operations support teams. The team works alongside the four category teams (i.e., Apparel, Shoes, Watches, Jewelry) and reports directly to the Head of Amazon Fashion Analytics in Tokyo.
In this role you will initially be responsible for developing new ways of managing many technical tools and systems at scale, but areas of responsibility can shift over time. The scope of work for Sr. Technologists is purposely wide and evolves as a function of the candidate's strengths/interests, as well as the needs of the team. We are recruiting talented, well-rounded individuals who are looking to stretch themselves until they understand all facets of running an online business.
Together with your team members, you will define internal-facing and external-facing problems, evaluate possible solutions, and execute on programs that improve the larger team's effectiveness and/or the customer experience. Defining your path will require you to dive deep into data, understand the work of our partner business and software teams, and work with Amazon teams across the world to create a range of automated and semi-automated solutions to our most challenging business problems.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive the overall Fashion business by applying business analysis skills.
- Provide quantitative analysis with various teams and guide decision making and improve revenue.
- Develop a robust and efficient reporting scheme for various metrics.
- Develop sales/marketing automation mechanisms that are scalable and maintainable.
- Develop and maintain systems and mechanisms to drive the activities.
- Support the broader business development activity, including working with various internal stakeholders, targeting specific market segments, drive campaigns and targeted events, etc.