The Consumer, Channel Sales & Marketing (CCSM) organization works with ecosystem partners to build, market and sell a winning portfolio that delights customers and earns fans around the world. Powered by Microsoft Windows, Surface & PC hardware, Xbox, Office, we also seek to enable customers and partners achieve more.
We are seeking a Category Manager to lead our Surface Category in Japan market
The Surface’s mission is to build products that create complete magical experiences to empower every person and organization to achieve more. The role of Surface is to be the leading innovator in the Windows ecosystem, raising the bar for customer expectations of what PCs can be, setting the standard for product design of computing devices, and inspiring Microsoft's Windows ecosystem partners to new heights.
The Surface Category Management team is responsible to manage both Surface and PCA products, and works on tactics to elevate Surface brand awareness and consideration among consumers and to partner with third-party retailers on great offers to drive conversion at key sales beats.
Your passion for our products and our partners will guide the team to execution excellence, a strong focus on ROI and accountability to sell-out and sell-through. You will have a proven track record of leading innovation in marketing tactics across all consumer touch-points in onmi-channel environments.
You’re a culture-builder, attracting and retaining talent across unique perspectives and backgrounds. Our leaders manage with integrity, respect and dignity with expertise in how to model, coach and care to create a diverse and inclusive environment of empowerment and trust. Working in a matrixed and global environment, you can influence and manage across functions, partners and teams to drive growth & transformation.
Reporting to the Asia Surface Category Lead based in Singapore, you will also be an active member of the CCSM Japan Leadership Team to help drive the direction and growth of the Japan Sub Region, creating clarity, generating energy and delivering results.
As a member of the Asia Surface & PCA Category Region Team, you’ll have the opportunity to share learnings and best practices with other markets, drive a regional agenda with the Worldwide team as well as leverage the Regional infrastructure for support and shared platforms.
Using consumer insights, market data and sales analysis you will develop seasonal plans that facilitate sales growth & Partner engagement to drive awareness, consideration, purchase intent, conversion & post-purchase advocacy.
· Insight Driven Mindset: Demonstrate the ability to turn insights into action and leverage the Voice of the customer/partner to drive business and product strategy
· Change agent: The creation & Integration of new categories & services, bringing key stakeholders along through skilled influence, developing product channel, new business model & GTM strategies while adjusting programs & investments
· Drive category leadership by defining (Addressable Market, Audience, Product) & implementing (target setting, investments) solutions that provide added value to both Microsoft and our partners.
· Culture of Simplification: Passion and eye for simplified workflow, ideas, initiatives. Ability to focus on the ‘vital few’ in order to maximize impact. Shows agility to speed learning to impact
Collaborative Leadership: Ability to influence and work across functions, partners, teams to drive growth and transformation
· Four Year Tertiary education, MBA preferred.
· 10+ years experience in a Leadership capacity with Category planning, driving growth across consumer products and/or services
· Adept at creating & orchestrating consistent and compelling Story Telling
· Portfolio Management. Marketed product categories; demonstrated experience of consumer and/or Commercial/SMB channels. Operating as brand stewards, driving brand consistent execution. Marketing physical, cloud and/or subscription products & services
· Partner Management. Direct experience interfacing with Partners and a proven track record delivering growth/performance metrics. Demonstrated ability to build integrated partner marketing plans/campaigns with ownership of multiple marketing disciplines
· Execution Excellence. Operations-savvy, cross-functional project management, budgeting, creative design and direction. Focus on ROI-driven marketing and data-driven insights to develop marketing programs programs & drive readiness
· Managing Change. Ability to manage ambiguity and rapid change. An agile executor with a discipline around testing, quick iteration and risk-taking
· Managing Teams. Proven track record of building high performing, high compliant teams built on trust and transparency
· Thought Leadership: Ability to demonstrate a track record of thought leadership and driving marketing innovation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.