CLIENT SUCCESS MANAGER
About the Job:
As a Client Success Manager at Oracle, client success is your mandate. This is a unique client facing position within Oracle’s utility industry-focused organization. Our mission is to help utility clients achieve future goals including meeting clean energy targets, addressing climate change challenges, and providing better customer engagement in a rapidly changing industry. You will own the client relationship end-to-end – including solution presentation, deployment and ongoing delivery of our cutting-edge product suite, build and maintain strong client relationships, and serve as a trusted partner to your clients and our sales, regulatory and marketing teams to maintain account health. You will lead a cross-functional Client Delivery team of Implementation Engineers, Configuration Analysts, and Client Support Engineers. You will manage delivery timelines, prioritize work, and be ultimately accountable to ensure your extended team delivers on schedule, at the highest quality. You will also bolster our efforts to evangelize the use of behavioral programs and customer engagement to achieve demand side management and customer care outcomes for our clients.
This is an ideal job for someone who has a passion for working with clients and software products, exercises sound business judgment, is an effective multi-tasker and a strategic thinker with an extraordinary attention to detail. You will benefit from learning about a cutting edge, marketing leading software solution in this position.
You will gain an understanding of global industry trends and develop thought leadership abilities in this position. The successful candidate will be a demonstrated quick learner and self-starter – with the ability to initiate and make difficult calls and also function well within a team environment.
You will gain experience working in a diverse environment with Oracle teams from around the world in this position. The ideal candidate will have a unique ability to communicate a variety of messages to varying audiences, can build relationships effortlessly, is client-focused, and can follow through and get results.
Be a trusted advisor who helps clients achieve their goals:
- Partner with Sales to support successful expansions and acceptance of new products/services in your clients’ accounts and facilitate incremental business opportunities.
- Work with sales to build and present onsite and remote solution demonstrations directly tied to closing business.
- Assist in responses to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Build and present onsite and remote solution demonstrations directly tied to closing business.
- Present Oracle’s technical architecture, approach, and its value proposition for our clients.
- Operate effectively in a SaaS business environment by managing internal expectations as well as those of your clients and prioritize using business judgment to balance business objectives with client goals.
- Spend time understanding clients’ objectives and deliver programs that support these goals.
- Creatively problem solve when difficult situations arise and help client and internal team members resolve delivery challenges.
Lead a cross-functional client delivery team:
- Build a client-centric team culture where individuals feel valued for their diverse contributions to client success and are inspired to lean in.
- Assign team resources and prioritize client delivery teamwork to ensure on-time delivery of projects according to client specifications.
- Identify and manage issues and risks while acting as an escalation point within the team.
- Manage delivery timelines and communicate project status to client and internal stakeholders.
Be an effective communicator:
- Take the lead to present key results, facilitate meetings, and deliver difficult messages to clients.
- Escalate critical client needs to senior management.
- Foster effective decision-making and operational excellence across business by building relationships and helping internal teams understand client priorities and business context.
- Maintain consistent and frequent communication with clients to ensure efficient project implementation, review ongoing needs, provide timely solutions and recommendations to help achieve success and drive adoption.
Be a master of the product suite:
- Comprehend technical components of a SaaS deployment and communicate requirements to both business and technical client audiences.
- Deeply understand the product suite, service offerings and functionality to enable effective communication of capabilities to clients.
- Actively contribute to the refinement and development of new product features and service offerings by working closely with Professional Services and R&D.
- BS or BA degree. MBA, MS or relevant experience preferred.
- At least 6-8 years of professional experience in technology consulting or account management, with a strong preference for experience within a SaaS or enterprise software-related field
- Preferred if you have oral and written communications skills in English and Japanese.
- Preferred if you have a good understanding of the utility market and key players.
- Preferred if you have project management experience, ideally in a rapidly-paced consulting, services or technology-related environment; previous enterprise software or SaaS business model experience is ideal.
- You are an excellent communicator who understands technical concepts and are able to translate complex and technical topics across a wide range of audiences in an engaging and succinct manner.
- You have demonstrated success working directly with clients, including building senior level relationships.
- You are analytical, yet creative and love numbers.
- You have good judgment in a business context.
- You have a worked or led a team in a cross-functional work environment, and an uncanny ability to “get things done” in a fast-paced environment.
- You have experience managing multiple high-priority projects and the ability to make multi-tasking look effortless.
As a member of the Consulting organization, you are responsible for ensuring that a quality, integrated software solution is delivered in a timely manner, at budget, and to our client*s satisfaction. This involves working closely with the client to understand and manage their expectations, as well as working closely with Oracle and third-party vendors to ensure delivery.
Creates and manages an overall project plan (including budget, structure, schedule, and staffing needs) for one or more Oracle engagements. Monitors and reports progress/changes against the plan. Drives implementation by providing motivation and direction.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. A BS or BA in related fields. 5-7 year overall experience in functional or technical role. Two years experience in multi-dimensional issue resolution.