The ‘MySQL GBU’ is responsible for global sales of MySQL products and services to both the overall worldwide marketplace. The MySQL GBU is experiencing unprecedented growth.
The sales team in the MySQL GBU is responsible for driving bookings in a territory consisting of one or more of: MNFG, Telco, Enterprise 2.0, Web-Property, OEM & SaaS /Hosting businesses.
MySQL GBU is conducting the all MySQL Business in JAPAN for supporting all private and public organization to provide the superior MySQL features and functions to their new project demands. This MySQL JAPAN sales team is taking care of all JAPAN territory.
Brief Posting Description
This position as MySQL Channel sales is managing for Oracle Partner who have already started MySQL business or who are considering to start MySQL business.
Reporting to MySQL GBU Japan Senior Sales Director in Tokyo.
Primary job duty is to sell MySQL products and related services in a Japan. Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities. Especially focusing Oracle Japan Channel Partner for MySQL products and services including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support. Leverages the Oracle sales model to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share. Builds and expands business revenue and self-sufficiency.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 10 years applicable experience including 7 years of technology sales experience. Ability to forecast, manage sales expenses, and successfully close new Oracle business. Business development, prospecting and presentation skills. Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability. Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development. Experience as the focal point for clients for all sales and related issues. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle’s competitors. Travel may be needed.
Bachelor degree or equivalent.
• Prospect, identify, qualify and develop sales pipeline
• Close business to meet quarterly and annual bookings objectives
• Partner with MySQL Field Sales, SC team, Inside Sales and Business Development, Marketing and other proper BUs in Oracle to maximize coverage across entire territory.
• Ensure all strategic and target accounts are fully aware of MySQL products and services
• Enhance business relationships to leverage additional opportunities
• Provide timely and accurate CRM and management reports as requested
• Maintain Existing partner, and establish new customers and new partner focusing primarily on Large Enterprise who require DB embedded project and/or Open Source based projects.
• Sell complete solutions of software and services to enhance the partner/customers ability to succeed
• Travel to partner/customer locations, marketing events, and internal MySQL events as required
• Exercise prudent expense controls
• MANDATORY – 10+ years’ experience in software sales, with 3-5 years channel partner sales preferred
• MANDATORY - Candidate must be located in area of Tokyo Japan
• MANDATORY - High-tech background including database and infrastructure software experience
• MANDATORY - Demonstrated history of regular goal achievement in highly competitive environment (top 20% performer) with objectives in excess of US$1.0M p.a
• MANDATORY- Familiarity with database, application/web server, and other enterprise markets and technologies
• MANDATORY – Understanding the Alliance and Channel model in the territory with the good enough business connections with those companies.
• MANDATORY – Fluent Business English Communication skill is required (writing, speaking)
• The preferred candidates will have experience in selling in more than one of the following market segments: Telco, MNFG, FSI, Public.
• Entrepreneurial in creating and closing opportunities.
• Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Successful experience selling into both technical user base and CxO levels
• Excellent multi-tasking skills: Ability to drive a portfolio approach to territory management
• Outstanding relationship building skills with responsiveness and integrity
• Highly mobile, with experience of driving business whilst on the move
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire