About Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson is the world´s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services. The values that guide our decision making are motivated by a culture of caring. Caring for the world ... one person at a time. This culture inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. The company is operating in the fields of pharmaceuticals, medical advices and consumer health care products with 130,000 employees in more than 250 companies around the world.
About Medical Company in Japan and Finance Organization Setting
The Medical company in Japan is responsible for sales and marketing in Japan and delivers over 1.5 billion USD business with several Franchises. And it is one of largest countries outside US.
The Finance Organization of Johnson & Johnson Medical Company, Japan, consists of various departments, handling e.g. Accounting, Compliance and Business Planning & Control (BUF).
The Franchise Controller (FC), a member of BUF, is responsible for all Finance related matters of a business unit (Franchise), and reports, directly or indirectly, to a BUF CFO. The FC is physically located with the Franchise, to enable him/her to work closely with the business partners and to, efficiently, handle all relevant daily matters. Besides the FC’s responsible for Finance matters, including P&L/ BS management, he/she functions as a Finance Business Partner, to various levels of Franchise Management. Fundamental financial skills/experiences in management- and financial accounting are non-negotiable. Additionally, a strong character and a clear business mind, to support and drive the business, are critical to be successful in this role.
About the position
Ethicon Franchise Controller, reporting to Ethicon Franchise Controller Lead (Sr. Manager). This position has primary responsibility of finance function for a responsible franchise as Finance Business Partner.
In these capacities, FC is expected to demonstrate strong finance and business leadership by working closely with Franchise leadership team members to execute the Franchise target and missions. It is an exciting role for an individual who has the desire to build a strong career in J&J and further develop comprehensive controlling experience in the Medical Device Industry. Critical to the success will be unquestionable integrity / ethics, strong leadership and relationship skills, sound commercial acumen, a professional finance qualification and proficiency in spoken and written English. Proficiency in spoken Japanese is required.
- Provide financial analysis and support for various franchise initiatives of the responsible Franchise.
- Lead Business Planning process within the responsible Franchise (annual Business Plan, Forecasts/Updates, Strategic Planning etc.) working with other team members within Medical Finance BUF and CoE.
- Period closing activities of the responsible Franchise (co-work with accounting department), including variance analysis and management report preparation and explanations.
- Timely and effective analysis, to drive business, make recovery plans, control and allocate investments and expenses, all with the objective to achieve business objectives of the responsible franchise.
- Timely and proactive feedback on financial implications of events to key stakeholders.
- Support and challenge Franchise Head and other franchise leadership team members, as a core Business Partner.
- Proactively make recommendations and take actions to achieve Business Plan.
- Support the construction of the franchise strategy, translate franchise strategy into business planning with Franchise Leadership Team.
- Support strong compliance awareness, within the franchise.
Experience, skills & certifications
- More than 5 years of accounting/controlling experience
- University Degree (Must). (Preferable: completed higher Accounting or Business Economics related education, at Master level / J-CPA / US-CPA / CMA or equivalent;)
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence personnel across functions and levels
- Ability to understand complex business dynamics.
- Knowledge of the medical industry (instruments / devices) would be a great asset, a sound interest is a must.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed Strong IT (user and management) skills and ability to innovate and drive continuous improvement;
- Positive, with a can-do attitude, but realistic and not afraid to say no;
- Accurate and on-time;
- Balanced and decisive;
- Always looking for opportunities to do things better, smarter and faster;
- Cheerful and outgoing.