Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team member that will help the largest and most important companies in the world across all industries successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services.
We are looking for a talented individual to lead a team of deeply technical Apps & Infra Cloud Solution Architects (CSA) and Customer Engineers (CE) to drive growth of Azure Services for a set of Enterprise accounts across multiple industries.
This CSA Manager role will directly manage a team of full-time employee Apps & Infra CSA that will cover Enterprise customers in their respective territory. This is an exciting role that will help fuel Azure Customer success through customer retention and growth.
Key responsibilities include:
· Hire, on-board, develop, coach, mentor and evaluate CSA and CE. Set a clear bar for excellence. Build a high performing team that will be diverse and inclusive
· Must possess exceptional cross-team collaboration and communication. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to drive CSA and CSE role clarity, account coverage, project assignment and effective cross-team collaboration
· Coach and enable your team to accelerate Azure projects to production, including guidance on architectural design, technical recommendations, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration
· Ensure your team delivers high quality production deployments that are resilient and successful
Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption opportunity management and high-quality reporting and insights
Experiences Required – Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience. 10+ years of experience in technical sales, engineering or consultative delivery required
• Management. 10+ years of experience in people management required
• Change. 7+ years of experience driving change management or technical adoption required
• Collaboration. Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers required
· Communication. Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills, bilingual in English and Japanese required
· Proven ability to map the customer’s needs to technical solutions required
· Strong technical understanding of Applications & Infrastructure Enterprise cloud workloads required
· Ability to stay up to date on new/improved Azure scenarios and workloads required
· Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results required
· Demonstrated Technical leadership through prior technical coaching/leadership roles required
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field preferred
• Certification in the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub).
· Prior work experience in other software and/or services companies such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.