RiverTech, an Akima Company, delivers mission support services in the areas of engineering, communications, training, operations and maintenance, intelligence, aviation, logistics, and space systems that protect and defend sea, land, air and space operations and their personnel. Providing the talent, tools, and technologies to ensure exceptional performance in today’s most demanding and strategically critical global environments. This is RiverTech. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to innovation, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
- Prepare and process individuals for deployments/re-deployments to/from combat zones, exercises, and other locations based on US Government, Department of Defense (DOD), AF, COCOM, and any other applicable guidance.
- Coordinate and schedule required pre-departure training with the deploying personnel, their supervisor, and DOS. The UDM will need access to the “Automated Civil Engineering System” (ACES) and the “Security Forces Management Information System” (SFMIS) for scheduling pre-deployment training.
- Coordinate Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 2A training requirements.
- Procure deployment equipment specified by organizations or guidance from organizations, maintain this equipment, and distribute individual equipment for deploying personnel utilizing current host base and AFI guidance.
- Prepare implementation plans to meet reporting requirements as contained within the COCOM Unit Prep Message or Pre-Deployment Message.
- Prepare and submit a list of requirements for purchase to squadron leadership in support of mobility/UDM requirements.
- Manage deployment reporting in tools such as the Air Expeditionary Force Reporting Tool (ART) and Defense Readiness Reporting System including Unit Type Code posturing and individual status updates.
- Physically prepare deployable material for customs inspection into or out of the home-station.
- Use LOGMOD and Excel to track pre-deployment/post-deployment mobility, logistics, security, ancillary training, medical, and dental requirements.
- Interface with Government-designated Commercial Travel Office (CTO), Air Mobility Command liaison officers, and unit/group/wing resource advisors to arrange and/or de-conflict deployment/re-deployment travel.
- Coordinate with wing, base and higher headquarters offices on deployment issues and maintain mobility folders/documentation IAW DoD Foreign Clearance Guide, AFI 10-244, AFI 10-403, AFI 33-332, AFI 37-132, associated AFCENT/MAJCOM/Installation supplements, and locally-developed guidance.
- Receive Increment Monitor and forklift training in order to conduct the palletization and movement of cargo in support of TDYs and deployments.
- The UDM position shall be capable of being cross-utilized into all the other positions as needed, as well as provide the additional functions highlighted in section 4.
- Directly assist the commander/director in the management of all administrative support program functions.
- Use and prepare documents in accordance with regulations and policies regularly.
- Serve as the resident subject matter expert for all mandated administrative support programs (ex. Facility manager, equipment custodian, sharepoint manager, voting assistance monitor, etc.). Ensure unit program compliance with regulations, laws, policies, and squadron commander directives.
- Design effective communication plans to publicize unit program requirements, associated policies, and procedures.
- Serve as a unit liaison to the military and civilian personnel offices.
- Provide accurate and factual information to the commander(s)/director(s), key staff, and customers.
- Establish controls and suspense dates and follows up to ensure that required actions and responses are made within deadlines.
- Perform other clerical and administrative work in support of the office/organization.
- Establish, maintain, control, and update file system accurately to enable quick and efficient retrieval of information.
- Prepare and submit paperwork, such as timesheets, travel orders, file plans, and supply requisitions in a timely manner as coordinated with the unit commander.
- One year experience working in a squadron-level or higher mobility office is highly desirable.
- Must have a minimum of a current Secret clearance
- Must have a minimum of a High School degree or GED
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.