Infrastructure Engineer, Japan
Job ID: R60502
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be managing, designing & supporting one or more components of the technical infrastructure for medium and large environments (e.g., switches desktop, server, firewall, application).
● Provides first/second level troubleshooting, technical and operational support and will escalate when appropriate.
● Participates in the evaluation of new technologies relative to their domain(s).
● Makes recommendations to ensure optimal performance and reliability for mission critical enterprise systems.
● Works independently, with limited guidance, to design environments low to medium complexity
● Demonstrates solid working knowledge and understanding in technical domain.
● Plans and implements infrastructure per prescribe specifications
● Reviews capacity, usage, and performance of assigned technologies for core enterprise system based on business metrics.
● Other duties, responsibilities, and activities as assigned.
● Demonstrates proficiency in at least one component of the infrastructure and within that area can independently evaluate and resolve most problems.
Possesses solid understanding of the current infrastructure and current security practices.
● Builds expertise in own domain (e.g., networking, storage, databases, security) while also developing knowledge of emerging technologies.
● Understands the structure and processes of the QRG Technology organization, including the roles of team members and the information and/or resources they may require.
● Demonstrates thorough knowledge of business processes/functions pertaining to area of focus.
● Develops basic understanding of the retail industry
Understands the impacts of regulations, laws and company policies, standards and procedures to their role.
● Performs routine tasks and works on projects and problems of varied scope, typical low to medium complexity.
● Share knowledge effectively with other team members and continue to build and begin leveraging internal networks.
● Builds productive networks with internal clients.
● Assist in technical design under the guidance of more senior team members.
● May participate in review of vendor proposals
● May lead phases of a project. Escalates delays, issues, risks and highlights to project managers and/or project leads.
● Receives general direction.
● Work in progress is reviewed routinely.
● Escalates issues to the appropriate party when required.
● Provides guidance to other team members with their assignments (e.g., onboarding junior team members).
● BS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
● 2+ years of related experience
Benefits & Conditions:
● Full-time Regular Employee (Probation period- 6 months, no change in working conditions during this period)
● The prescribed working hours for one 1 month shall be as scheduled working hours per month, working days of the month x 8 hours
● Incentive bonus (paid once a year depending on business & individual performance)
● Merit increase (depending on business & individual performance)
● Commutation allowance
● Working Conditions: Flextime System (Staring time 5am~closing time 10 pm) No core hours.
● Work from home policy
● Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, National holidays and company-designated holidays, Annual paid leave (15 paid leaves in the first year of joining), Birthday leave, Condolence leave
● Childcare leave system, Nursing care leave system
● Employment insurance, Industrial accident compensation insurance, Employees’ health insurance, Employees’ pension plan, 401(k) plan, Yearly health checkup, Condolence money, Team member discount
● Company-recognized club system (with partial subsidies for activities according to regulations), Employee cafeteria, Nap room, Relaxation room, and Free coffee service
● Education and training: New employee training, Manager training, Special departmental training programs, e-learning, Business English learning support programs
● Human resource development: Certification acquisition support, Internal Job application
● Kaihinmakuhari (Headquarters)
※JR Keio Line, 30 mins train ride from Tokyo station (Direct Line), 3 mins walking from Kaihinmakuhari station