Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) is a critical element of our market access strategies to ensure success in an increasingly challenging market environment. Changing regulations, decision-making processes where the clinician is no longer the only player, and a concept of value which is more based on clinical and economic evidence for our technologies and solutions, make it a must that we equip ourselves with the required capabilities and convey a meaningful value-based message to health authorities and our customers, in collaboration with cross-functional team. In addition, proactively monitor and shape access related environments and policies are critical. Within this context, the purpose of the role is to lead the HEMA activities in the country.
• Ensure reimbursement strategy development and implementation for new products as well as maintenance and optimizing reimbursement strategies for listed products.
• Lead and execute reimbursement strategy development in close collaboration with relevant functions, e.g. regulatory affairs, medical affairs, commercial, government affairs, etc.
• Timely provide input to regional and global HEMA team for new product introduction based on local reimbursement and market access needs, e.g. evidence needs for premium reimbursement.
• Proactively monitor and shape reimbursement and market access related policies.
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key external stakeholder, e.g. Health authorities, Clinical association, Industry association, Academia, to shape reimbursement and market access related policies, in collaboration with Government Affairs team.
• Provide input into evidence generation strategy for new product development and identify local opportunities for Health Economic evidence generation if relevant.
• Accountable for setting the overall HEMA strategy for Japan, including all strategic and business planning as well as the development, management and tracking of Japan HEMA G&Os and budgets. Partners at the country level to align on priorities and resourcing for business objectives across all Business units and Japan president.
• Lead and direct HEMA teams in Japan. Develop and execute local organizational and talent strategy and talent development plans.
＜Skills and Capabilities＞