We’re a leading investment manager providing innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help our clients navigate changing markets to assist them in meeting their investment objectives. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
AEJ FM are a key part of our regional retail focus and are responsible for coordinating local jurisdiction considerations and registrations for the Goldman Sachs Asset Management funds business; with funds domiciled in Luxembourg, Ireland and Cayman in scope. As such the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with many local and global teams and to be involved in a wide range of fund activities that will provide a broad exposure to the workings of the GSAM funds business.
This is a role that will support both the GSAM asset management business and the Asia Ex Japan Sales teams. The role will involve responsibilities across the following areas:
1. Operational Risk Oversight –Ensuring that our local jurisdiction fund offerings continue to operate in accordance with all respective local regulations through monitoring, reporting and coordinating updates
2. Registration Oversight – overseeing the effective and efficient registration of GSAM Funds across the region. Including the management of Third Party Service Providers and coordination of internal GSAM team approvals. Throughout the work the goal is to continually enhance the operational environment and help mitigate operational risk across the platform.
3. Fund Governance – key stakeholder in the governance programme for Asia Ex Japan registered funds, the scope of new business opportunities for the funds business both within Asia Ex Japan and through connection to the EMEA fund teams who are responsible for the underlying vehicles
Basic Qualifications / Experiences / Skills
1. Understanding of UCITS Funds or AIF’s across Luxembourg, Ireland or Cayman.
2. A track record of high level client service and risk management
3. Excellent organisation skills, with an attention for detail and the ability to drive and deliver multiple projects and initiatives at once.
4. An ability to communicate effectively with both senior and junior colleagues in both written and verbal form.
5. You should be a self-motivated, solutions driven candidate with a view to challenging the status quo in order to strive for efficiencies and enhancements.
6. An ability to read and write in Mandarin would be ideal
You should have 3-5 year’s experience in the investment management industry. This could be from a legal, accounting, operational perspective or otherwise.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity