Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
The Amazon Music team is looking for a motivated, customer-obsessed, analytical Engagement Marketing Specialist to drive our content promotion initiatives. This role will be responsible for customer engagement through content consumption and adoption across music and podcasts. He/she will own planning and execution of content promotion for various content types (music, music videos, live stream, podcasts, etc.) as well as reporting on performance. Key marketing communications will include Amazon website, Amazon Music apps, emails, etc. To do so, the successful candidate will partner closely with Amazon Music's content teams (Label Relations, Artist Marketing, Editorial, Podcast, etc.) and other Amazon teams locally and globally. You will need to be entrepreneurial and roll up your sleeves. Overall, you will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas, and establish best practices for Amazon Music.
· Plan and execute promotional campaigns for content projects
· Drive adoption of new content types including podcasts and live stream
· Manage individual marketing campaigns for Amazon Music across the website, mobile devices, music apps, and emails
· Take ownership of highly visible programs and projects including responsibility for measuring and analyzing the performance and identifying new opportunities based on customer and business data
· Understand various levers we have for improving customer engagement and conversion, analyze current performance on those levers and implement initiatives for improvement
· Lead cross-functional marketing initiatives and partnerships with content teams
· Develop best practices in execution and reporting that will serve as a model for existing international markets
Business Skills Needed:
· A tenacious self-starter who can serve as a strong advocate for our customer and our business
· Capable of handling multiple projects at once amidst rapidly-changing priorities and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
· Ability to be successful both as an individual contributor and a team player
· Ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities, thrive on solving challenging problems and not afraid to challenge the status quo
· Bachelor's degree
· 3+ years of marketing experience with relevant work experience in digital marketing for consumer products and services
· Strong quantitative and analytical aptitude
· Knowledge of Excel and demonstrated experience using data and metrics to measure performance and determine improvements
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English
· Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to identify and troubleshoot inefficient, unreliable processes
· Ability to deliver on multiple deadlines and prioritize compulsively as a self-directed individual, comfortable with a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
· Comfortable with a varied set of software and editing tools and ability to learn new tools quickly