799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we ensure that the right patient gets access to the right therapy at the right time?
The Japan Oncology Business Unit (OBU) Precision Medicine Lead (PML) is an enterprise contributor and integrator. The PML will be responsible for leading the co-creation of Japan diagnostic strategy as an integral member of Disease Area Franchise team. Japan PML will be accountable for the seamless consolidation, integration and execution of disease and treatment specific clinical biomarker end-to-end strategy for diagnostics from early phase through launch readiness and life cycle management. Japan PML will be core member of cross-functional franchise team and will be responsible for alignment on OBU PM goals and collaboration across early development, NIBR, GDD, BD&L, Access, Medical Affairs relevant functions in OBU as well as coordination with global precision medicine counterparts.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead the overall development of the end-to-end diagnostic strategies in the disease area and brands
• Integrating and representing cross-functional OBU diagnostic strategy (Development, BD&L, Market Access, Competitive Landscape) to Global Biomarker Diagnostic Team
• Act as the point of accountability and subject matter expert for the disease and treatment specific Precision Medicine (PM) continuum across Diagnostic (Dx) and clinical/monitoring biomarkers within OBU.
• Plays a lead role in the cross-functional Dx Team, comprising of Drug Development, Medical Affairs, Market Access, BD&L, Commercial and other relevant functions.
• Liaises and aligns with their Global PM counterpart, provides local input into the Global PM strategy, incorporates PM content into the disease-area strategy, plans launch readiness activities.
• Provides PM subject matter expertise and education for internal colleagues (Medical, Drug Development and Commercial) and external stakeholders (Academia, Scientific societies, Research associations).
• Collaborates with Drug Development and Medical Franchise Teams for shaping biomarker exploration across Novartis trials by identifying and addressing gaps in clinical biomarker applications and research.