We are making huge global investments to deliver the most open, secure, reliable and transformative IaaS platform to help our customers through their generational shift to the cloud. We are reengineering our vast array of software and hardware assets and retooling our sales and engineering practices. With Oracle’s deeply innovative culture; unique track record of delivering most popular software platforms and its unparalleled ability to maintain a pulse of the enterprise customers – we are the only company on the planet that is delivering the most compelling services at every layer of the cloud.
Inside Oracle – we are a fast-growing; fast moving engineering and product group focused on delivering Oracle’s next generation infrastructure-as-a-service platform. We are on a mission to deliver a massively scalable global infrastructure cloud platform that is a hallmark of innovation, reliability and efficiency. This platform will show our customers the promise of infinite, on-demand, globally scalable infrastructure capacity that they can use to deliver efficient, productive and compliant services to their customers.
The Oracle Cloud Product Solutions Engineering organization is looking for a Principal Product Solutions Engineer to work with strategic customers to support their adoption of next generation Cloud services. This is not a sales role, but rather an opportunity to join a team of principal technical advisors and be the ‘voice of the customer’ within Engineering for large Fortune 500 and multi-national organizations. As a member of the Product Solutions Engineering group, you will directly influence how our largest and/or most strategic Enterprise customers use OCI. You will help executives embrace agility and deliver high impact transformation. You will interface with enterprise architects to understand business drivers and assess application portfolios ensuring that cloud solutions are highly scalable, flexible and resilient. You will serve as advocates for your customer and help shape the future roadmap of OCI services.
1. Drive rapid customer adoption of IaaS platforms by working directly with customers, and account teams to anticipate customer needs.
2. Own the strategy and the execution plan for the Cloud adoption that is focused on customer excellence.
3. Explain transformational concepts to executive decision makers and influence their technology strategy.
4. Keep your technical skills honed and develop new ones, to make strong contributions in the technology community.
5. Present to customers at multiple levels, from engineers up to CxO
6. Monitor the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customers on technical matters.
7. Assist in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives for exponential customer adoption on the cloud platform.
8. Develop a passion for educating, training and enabling cloud solutions experts for a challenging set of customers and circumstances
9. Be the voice of customers to Oracle’s various cloud engineering teams.
• 15+ years of experience in a IT, platform environment working with large Enterprises.
• 5+ years of experience leading infrastructure teams
• Significant experience with enterprise IT and networking implementation as well as a working knowledge of security and compliance issues.
• Ability to create detailed customer engagement plans to keep up with the high velocity of features being delivered on the platform
• Deep understanding of cloud competitive landscape; customer priorities and challenge.
• Subject Matter Expert on Debian (and derivative distributions)
• Strong technical acumen, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Deep experience migrating application portfolios to Cloud.
• Strong Communication, Presentation, and speaking skills.
• Strong Data Center, Infrastructure, and IT Operations Exposure
Job: Product Development
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire