Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions - including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads - leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. This role is part of a rapidly growing team within Amazon Demand Side Platform (DSP) – our programmatic advertising platform.
We are looking for an experienced Senior DSP Product Specialist to join Amazon Advertising's growing team based in Tokyo. In this role, you will be responsible for continuously obtaining and sharing deep, technical knowledge in one or more specialized areas of the DSP, such as targeting, supply, devices, optimization, etc. You will be involved in both customer-facing interactions (with trading desks, third-party companies) as well as internal stakeholder management (with Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing, DSP Consultants, DSP Support, Legal, PR, etc.) Your ownership, curiosity, and industry knowledge will allow you to comprehensively understand the technical details of our offerings and be able to speak to customers, including traders and engineers, in their local language. Your customer obsession and ability to influence internal senior stakeholders will allow you to drive the right solution for our customers. Some of the areas you will explore are market research, competitive analysis, product requirements, customer interviews, and external communication, in partnership with the technology and business teams. The ideal candidate is agile enough to thrive in an environment that blends a responsibility for not only envisioning creative solutions, but leverages a data-driven approach to validate these ideas.
Specific Responsibilities include:
· Act as an escalation point for the most complex and in-depth issues that potentially span multiple external and internal organizations, supporting local Sales and Consulting teams, and local agencies, with technical questions around your area of specialization (phone, email, in-person).
· Be able to understand technical architecture of our DSP, and technical specifics of our key products, including being able to read code and speak with Product Managers and Engineers.
· Contribute to training material and documentation for both internal and external users of our products.
· Define what our advertisers and agencies want from our core display advertising product, including how it’s packaged, how it’s targeted, how it’s tracked, and how it’s reported.
· Develop product requirements for new initiatives and influence product teams to develop your idea through use of compelling written arguments.
· Proactively develop and maintain strong relationships across teams comprising finance, product, analysts, designers, engineers, business leaders, partners and, most importantly, customers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request for support, please visit [...]