Amazon Advertising exists at the intersection of marketing and ecommerce and offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions across Amazon owned properties as well as third party properties Amazon operates. We believe that advertising, when done well, can greatly enhance the value of the customer experience and generate a positive return on investment for our advertising partners.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Sr. Insights Professional Services Analyst (Sr. IPS Analyst) to break new ground by helping scale our growing advertising business by using data-driven insights. This thought leader will generate and leverage insights based on Amazon Advertising’s unique data to lead strategic discussions with advertisers and develop recommendations that influence their go to market plans and client planning processes to improve them. The Sr. IPS Analyst is a trusted advisor to senior leaders and C-suite advertiser leadership. The Sr. IPS Analyst works closely with these partners to understand advertiser business objectives, define success metrics, and generate actionable insights for the client. The strategic and consultative digital expertise of the Sr. IPS Analyst is critical to delivering the best return on investment for our partners. Experience working with a major advertiser, media agency, analytics or research organizations in a strategic leadership role will help this individual work more effectively.
In this capacity, the Sr. IPS Analyst works with sales, product, retail and other Amazon business partners to develop new capabilities that improve advertisers’ performance on Amazon in support of their marketing initiatives. The analytical expertise and strategic thinking ability of a Sr. IPS Analyst is critical to building compelling business cases, securing stakeholder buy-in, and unlocking new business opportunities.
• Use Amazon’s data and your understanding of our advertising customers’ business to provide guidance to C-suite marketing leaders, via business reviews and frequent in-person client presentations to regularly iterate on and articulate a brand’s strategy
• Present findings and insights in a consultative way to the client and collaborate with the relevant internal teams in order to provide a complete solution
• Be able to deal with ambiguity in order decipher complex problems, select an ideal solution from a wide array of analytic techniques and concepts and translate into actionable requirements for your team
• Have the ability to collaborate, work cross-functionally and communicate effectively across multiple business functions and geographies
• Be comfortable working with advertisers globally and be able to ramp up quickly in terms of understanding the nuances of the advertisers in other locales
• Influence marketing initiatives and own account-level data and/or analytics related strategic conversations internally and externally
• Deliver custom bespoke analyses and insights for advertisers to drive growth across advertiser KPIs and help them grow their businesses
• Demonstrate deep analytical ability, and develop great expertise in Amazon’s proprietary metrics, working to constantly evolve how we analyze and communicate data driven insights to our advertisers
• Demonstrate behavior that exemplifies the Amazon Leadership Principles
• Be a proponent of data driven decision making and encourage clients to act on the recommendations
• Be someone who enjoys, and shows an appetite for, learning new skills and adopting new analytic methodologies and tools