Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Modern Work Architect
Do you have a passion for driving business value and customer success through the use of Microsoft 365 and related technologies? Microsoft 365 continues to experience incredible growth as the company focuses on its productivity cloud strategy and enabling secure remote work for its customers. As such the Microsoft Modern Work Fasttrack team is growing.
As a Modern Work Architect (MWA) you will specialize in helping enterprise customers deploy the Microsoft 365 suite aligned by three Modern Workplace solution areas: (1) Secure Remote Work to improve productivity (2) Security and Compliance and (3) Modern Management. In partnership with the Microsoft field sales and services teams, this role helps customers transform their business and IT environments through adoption and usage of Microsoft 365.
The successful candidate will engage and develop deep relationships with select Microsoft enterprise customers to ensure they get the full value of their Microsoft 365 investment. As a trusted technical advisor, the MWA will provide technical deployment guidance and best practices, design their migration and upgrade plans, overcome hesitancy and delay, and gain commitment from the customer to move forward with those plans. They will then ensure resources and partners deliver that plan with the customer and resolve any escalations or delays.
The MWA serves as the primary deployment coordinator, demonstrating both technical and project governance capabilities. The MWA identifies customer deployment, revenue and transformation opportunities through consistently evaluating the customer environment, engaging with customer business and technical leaders, coordinating with the customer account teams, and delivering briefings on relevant technical solutions and strategies.
Japanese Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. English Language: confident in reading and writing; moderate spoken English skills
This role requires leadership skills, strategic and critical thinking as well as technical expertise on Microsoft 365 deployment and products. Successful candidates should have excellent customer communication skills and demonstrate outstanding cross-group collaboration within and outside Microsoft to include engaging with senior technical and business leaders.
• 3+ years or technical knowledge of the Microsoft 365 suite
• 1+ years of customer facing experience in a technical delivery, services, and/or support role
• Ability to explain technical vision, roadmap, key solutions and technical architectures
• Proven track record delivering on team revenue or usage targets
• Ability to collaborate effectively with field and product teams to ensure customer success
• Expertise and ability to explain key solutions and technical architectures
• Growth mindset; drive to stay up to date with changes to enterprise technology
• Travel up to 50%
• 5+ years of professional experience as a senior technical resource with regular customer interactions
• Technical depth in at least one of the three Modern Work solution areas: (1) Secure Remote Work to improve productivity (2) Security and Compliance and/or (3) Modern Management
• Microsoft 365 Planning and Deployment Experience with Enterprise customers Experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management
• Knowledge of how to work with Microsoft Field teams and Partners in landing the Microsoft 365 platform with customers
• Ability to establish and maintain personal and organizational credibility with Customers and Partners through deep delivery knowledge and effective communications
• Bachelor or advanced degree in engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.