Keeping millions of global customers engaged through entertainment 24 hours a day, seven days a week takes the insight, intelligence and ingenuity of a global team of switched-on media professionals. We are QVC. The world’s biggest broadcaster-retailer and the 2nd largest online retailer. Always on - and on a mission to change the way the world shops.
We are currently recruiting for a Research Specialist, to participate in design of projects and conduct research projects in support of global primary research plans.
- Collects and analyses data. Synthesizes primary research data with transactional, behavioural, demographic and segment data to inform stakeholders of business issues and opportunities.
- Continuously drives toward reporting improvement and efficiency by simplifying and automating where possible, eliminating redundancy across the organization, refining metrics, and building new reports to support decision-making.
- Creates and distributes regular reports.
- Employs rigorous research methodologies. Employs new methodologies and technology to improve efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness of results.
- Provides data and analysis to support global consumer insights.
- Participates in communicating research results to executives and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrates proficiency in questionnaire design, survey execution, data analysis and communication of results. Proactively manages primary research projects to maintain rigorous methodology.
- Plans, design and facilitates customer and prospective customer focus groups. Analyses and reports on focus group results.
- Completes short-term or ongoing assignments.
- Executes professionally conducted, rigorous research, including qualitative and voice of the customer.
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports.
- Participates in development of insights and recommendations.
- Coordinates with other researchers on projects.
Experience and Education:
- Experience with research methodologies, including survey design, survey programming, survey analysis, and focus group design.
- Experience with secondary sources and use of secondary survey research.
- Experience in focus group moderation, with professional certification preferred.
- Experience in presentation of survey results and translation of complex findings into layman’s terms.
- Experience in synthesizing survey results with other data sources.
- Strong analytic skills (text mining, social listening tools, survey software’s).
- Experience in statistical methods.
- Skilled in presenting data visually to provide a clear story.
- Digital design: python, R, tools available/ and or relent in each market if any
- Experience or knowledge of software (SPSS, Tableau, Azure, Access, Excel macro etc).
- Extensive experience in related work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Business level English and Japanese.
- TOEIC score: over 850.
Other Information (Terms & Conditions apply):
- Employment Type: Full-time Regular Employee (Probation period- 6 months, no change in working conditions during this period)
- Incentive bonus (paid once a year depending on business & individual performance), Merit increase (depending on business & individual performance), Overtime allowance as per the company regulations, Commutation allowance.
- Working Conditions: Flextime System (Staring time 5am~closing time 10pm), No core hours.
- The prescribed working hours for one (1) month shall be as follows: Scheduled working hours per month: Working days of the month x 8 hours
- Work from home policy
- Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, National holidays and company-designated holidays, Annual paid leave (15 paid leaves in the first year of joining), Birthday leave, Condolence leave
- Childcare leave system, Nursing care leave system
- Welfare: Employment insurance, Industrial accident compensation insurance, Employees’ health insurance, Employees’ pension plan, 401(k) plan, Yearly health checkup, Condolence money, Care Family Program, Team Member discount
- Engagement activities / facilities: Company-recognized club system (with partial subsidies for activities according to regulations), Employee cafeteria, Nap room, Relaxation room, and Free coffee service
- Education and training: New employee training, Manager training, Special departmental training programs, e-learning, Business English learning support programs
- Human resource development: Certification acquisition support, Internal Job application
※JR Keiyo Line, 30 mins train ride from Tokyo station (Direct line), 3 mins walking from Kaihinmakuhari station.
At QVC we see it like this, you spend a third of your life in work, so work happy* Live better.