Job description, low-code style:
As the #1 low-code application development platform, OutSystems provides customers with everything they need to build apps incredibly fast. So, let’s cut to the chase: we’re looking for a
Sales Development Representative to focus on developing net new business to be based in Tokyo.
The longer story:
The OutSystems low-code platform enables customers to facilitate digital transformation through massive efficiency gains in building and supporting enterprise-grade applications. By leveraging automation, artificial intelligence and deep technology integrations, software developers and business users can build applications through an intuitive, visual interface, rather than traditional coding. Customers experience tremendous cost savings and create competitive advantages by developing custom applications in days and weeks versus months and years, despite a shortage of skilled developers.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Understanding of the IT industry with a background of prospecting to IT decision makers.
- Strong cold calling skills with the ability to maintain a high volume of outbound calls per day/week/month.
- Software/SaaS experience, sales experience, or other related business experience.
- Outstanding communicator via phone and email to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to promptly respond to a high volume of inbound leads via phone and email while maintaining outbound call volumes.
- Self-critical and eager to improve and optimize the sales processes and tools.
- Proactive in seeking new business opportunities.
- Ability to work in situations that can be unstructured and potentially stressful.
- Ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to do initial research on accounts prior to contact.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, WebEx or similar web conferencing product, and CRM or sales management tools (salesforce.com preferred).
- Demonstrate strong desire to keep up to date on technology trends, changes, & best practices.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- IT industry experience preferred
- Executing outbound calling campaigns to targeted prospects to generate “sales ready” qualified leads and set appointments for the OutSystems sales team to close new business.
- Responding to inbound inquiries from prospective customers (phone, email, and web), attaining key data to qualify the prospect, generate “sales ready” leads, and set appointments for the OutSystems sales team to close new business.
- Learn and execute proven processes to generate new sales opportunities.
- Strategize with top-producing sales managers.
- Map prospective accounts around organizational structure, people, and existing technology.
- Engage executives in targeted prospect accounts.
- Orchestrate discussions with senior execs around their business needs.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects.
- Leverage CRM tools to prospect into specific geographic territories and sectors.
- Ability to converse in English will be a plus.
Working at OutSystems
We do not have many rules, but we have a lot of common sense. Our commitment to our culture is highlighted in The Small Book of the Few Big Rules, written by our Founder and CEO, Paulo Rosado. This commitment to culture has landed us in the top six Forbes Best Cloud Computing Companies and CEOs To Work for three years running.
- Our culture is based on transparency, teamwork and excellence as promised in our Small Book of the Few Big Rules. We live it every day.
- We grow, change, and innovate, and give our teams the space to be proactive and creative.
- We care about growth and development. Vertical career progression is obvious, and we also encourage lateral moves, joining different teams, and mastering new skills.
- Global colleagues who are as smart, hardworking, and driven as you.
- Our DNA is disrupting the status quo. It is why our company exists.
- We “Ask Why” a lot. It helps us connect our individual work to the bigger picture and often uncovers a better, more agile way.