As a sales representative of CVJ NSD, Sales Professional is responsible for sales activities of CVJ's products to customers such as ophthalmologists, eyeglass chains, and local CL specialty chains.
Responsible for formulating and executing solid strategies and tactics in the assigned territory and customers, as well as achieving and being accountable for assigned sales and performance targets.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
-Execute activities to enhance CVJ's corporate value and implement Our Value for all customers assigned to him/her.
-Achieve semi-annual and annual sales and business performance targets (SIP).
-Formulate and implement strategies for assigned areas based on information gathering about assigned areas and customers and analysis of sales results.
-Maintain and expand existing business partners
-Acquire and expand new business partners
-Gain market share from J&J and competitors
-Manage and develop customers for business expansion by focusing on the field level of staff and managers (mainly manager level) to expand business
-Report progress to supervisor/area manager.
-Disseminate acquired information openly for common recognition in the area.
-Demonstrate teamwork among area sales staff
-Understand the company's and sales' strategy and work accordingly
-Responsible for explaining the company's products and company to doctors and staff. And explain the purpose of customer handouts from the company.
- Respond to inquiries from customers and solve problems by consulting with supervisors depending on the problem level and needs.
-CooperVision’s management team is committed to the development of and implementation of the quality management system and maintaining its effectiveness by communicating to the organization the importance of meeting customer as well as statutory and regulatory requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Customer management skills
- Sales skills to manage assigned districts and customers.
- Skill to persistently pursue and achieve goals.
- Analytical and logical thinking skills to formulate effective strategies for assigned districts and customers and review them as appropriate.
- Skill in formulating and implementing effective sales promotion plans.
- Two-way communication skills to accurately identify customer needs and requirements, respond promptly, and propose solutions.
- Solid presentation skills (in Japanese) to engage listeners, ensure full understanding of content, and achieve sales objectives
- Negotiation skills to close deals that result in mutually beneficial outcomes for both CVJ and the customer.
- Skills to ensure post-sales processes and requirements are in place and fulfilled.
- Customer relationship building skills
- Strong relationship building skills with external stakeholders (e.g., agency sales)
- Ability to gather accurate and timely market information from customers and market participants
- Customer analysis skills (skills to classify and analyze customers according to strategy and determine the company's position)
- Skill in developing an effective and efficient Call plan based on priorities.
- Advanced CL related knowledge
- Basic medical (ophthalmology) knowledge
- Basic knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (Anti-Monopoly Act, Act against Unjustifiable Premiums and Misleading Representations, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with clients and CVJ employees
- Skills to foster effective teamwork and collaboration with co-workers.
- MS Office (Power Point, Excel, Word) operating skills
- Knowledge of the company's products
- Acquisition of MDIR
-As a general rule, sales activities are conducted directly from home, and customer visits are made by public transportation or company car (depending on the area).
-The first two days of the month, the employee is required to come to the branch office (head office) for internal work, monthly area meetings, and individual meetings as necessary.
-At least 2 years of sales experience
-MR certification or experience in sales of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, or medical equipment is a plus
Primary Location: Japan
Organization: CVI APAC Commercial
Unposting Date: Ongoing