On September 20th 2017, Amazon.co.jp announced the launch of “Amazon Business”, a new marketplace to meet the procurement needs of businesses of every size – from small businesses to large multi-national organizations, as well as institutional buyers like universities, schools and public offices. “Amazon Business” customers benefit from a range of business-tailored features such as Pay by Invoice, and reporting and analytics to gain visibility into how their business is spending. Businesses can take advantage of business-exclusive pricing and quantity discounts, and a paid membership program called Business Prime. All of these are added to the selection, convenience and value customers expect from Amazon.
In order to address business customers’ needs across industries, we need to not only leverage global platform but also provide customized solutions to the customers.
This Senior Product Manager has a responsibility for ensuring customer experience for targeted segment of customers throughout a product/program lifecycle –i.e., s/he identifies opportunities and gaps in products/programs, defines requirements, verify products/programs closely collaborating with stakeholders like Sales & Marketing teams and Global Product Management teams and drive the launch of additional & new initiatives. Products/programs are mainly focus on enhancement of enterprise customers’ experience for registration process, business accounts, purchasing/shopping, delivery, payments, tax, integration solution for enterprise customers’ e-procurement/ERP system, and other required products for specific segments such as educations and government. This position will be responsible for one of these areas.
· Assess voice of customers, identify business opportunities, articulate required customer experience and clarify Japan specific requirements.
· Define those business requirements working closely with sales team and research team, control product development projects and verify / localize products to ensure customer experience working with global product management / development teams.
· Work closely with global Amazon Business product management team to understand mid-long term roadmap and reflect Japan specific requirements to roadmap.
· Work with Legal, Accounting, Finance, Treasury, Compliance and Tax to assess requirements
· Keep leaderships updated on product roadmap, project status and issues / opportunities in products.