The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is responsible for delivering technical success to the Genesys customers by being a multi-tasking, relentless problem solver, who can represent Genesys brand in the most complex situations for any caliber accounts.
The TAM will demonstrate professionalism, accountability, and experience, to manage and grow customer relationships, establish partnership and collaboration inside of the organization, own outcomes and deliver feedback for continuous improvement, while focusing on Genesys platform adoption and seamless utilization. The TAM will participate in and lead side projects for internal processes, cross functional boundaries to achieve results, work flexible hours, embrace company culture, and adapt to ongoing change. The TAM is expected to be passionate for innovation, understand business strategy, and participate in strategic initiatives as assigned by the leadership.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication, conflict management and negotiation skills, has contact center business experience or education, comes with a strong technical background in CX enterprise software, and brings practical application of the SaaS methodologies. The TAM must be proficient in communicating with technical as well as senior business leaders up to the executive level. The TAM should also be versed in understanding business requirements, anticipating barriers, and initiating creative solutions.
The TAM will operate as One Genesys and lead cross-functional efforts to advocate for customers’ needs and success. By demonstrating technical acumen and ownership, as well as driving outcomes, managing relationships, and challenging decisions, the TAM will act as a leader whose prime goal is to be a true champion of the excellent Customer Experience.
Some details about what you will do:
- You will interact with Genesys customers using our case management system, phone, email, chat, and/or shared screen sessions.
- You will be the customer’s contact for providing accurate and creative technical solutions to user problems.
- You will call on Subject Matter Experts when you need to escalate and issue
- Become a trusted and reliable technical resource for your customers, possessing product knowledge and helping navigate through architecture, usability, adoption, and best practices questions.
- Collaborate with the Genesys Customer Care experts and DevOps specialists by making best effort to reproduce your customers’ issues, as well as providing insight into their history, timelines, priorities, and business needs.
- Build strong relationships with customers and partners on all levels, including technical, business, and executive.
- Become key partner to the Customer Success practice, providing technical knowledge and expertise, and work within the account team towards a common goal.
- Lead Operational Reviews where desired outcomes are achieved by providing recommendations specific to customers’ business or deployment needs.
- Proactive with assigned customers informing of solution changes or potential disruptions to their service and advise on managing risk strategies.
- Act as liaison to Product Management for roadmap conversations covering strategy and feature prioritization.
- Be an active participant of the Genesys Community.
- Engage with Customer and/or Partner on the project planning effort as well as defining mitigation planning for identified risks and items on the critical path.
- Monitor trends and deliver proactive review with recommendations.
- Play key role in Genesys team’s efforts towards achieving your customers’ success with the Genesys platform, including conference calls, executive level updates to share status, action plans, ownership and timelines.
- Effectively manage At-Risk situations where a holistic cross functional plan is developed to address current state and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Able to analyze business needs and translate them into technical features/uses cases to address client’s requirements.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- BA/BS Degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in one or more areas: Customer Success, Contact Center Management, Solutions Consulting.
- General knowledge of Cloud contact center technologies ranging from IP Telephony, Intelligent Routing, WFM, Reporting, with hands on experience setting up agents and groups, building basic IVR and routing call flows, schedules, reports, etc.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in several of the major computer technology disciplines, aka AI/Machine Learning, Network/OS administration, programming, Database administration etc.
- Knowing a scripting language, aka Python, is a plus.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of MS office productivity tools.
- Experience with escalation and risk management processes and procedures.
- Ability to manage/resolve conflicts within a multi-cultural environment by demonstrating genuine empathy, deep respect and cordial appreciation.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills to all management levels.
- Demonstrate ability to write executive level summaries, document and track meeting minutes, monitor delegated tasks, and reporting to the stakeholders.
- Must have established project management skills and ability to handle several parallel assignments.
- Demonstrate cultivation of personal accountability with examples of stepping up to improve situations rather than looking for who to blame.
- Once hired, maintain up to date Product Certifications of applicable Genesys Solution portfolio.
- Function in collaborative team approach to achieve clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Also required are abilities to:
- Work well in a Global and Cross functional team
- Handle and be trusted with confidential and/or sensitive information
- Work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Be flexible and handle multiple projects in an organized, timely manner
- Work flexible hours as necessary
- Be a proactive, innovative thinker
- Challenge status quo and foster a continuous improvement attitude
Please note that Genesys will not accept resumes from agencies at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be legally permitted to work in Japan.