Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
A Partner Technical Advisor (PTA) is a service delivery focused subject matter expert. They are responsible for incident metrics such as Customer Satisfaction (quality of the support experience), frontline engineer technical readiness and process compliance. They provide in-depth technical and subject matter expertise for one or more services or scenarios. Their primary accountability is to the engineers at a support vendor (also known as a supplier or delivery partner), focusing on the higher volume services and engaging through technical and subject matter expert mentorship, readiness and escalation management. They are expected to contribute to technical expertise and issue resolution globally.
Core (all people in this role perform these duties; depending on tenure some duties may be minimal
• Provide technical and SME coaching for Delivery Partner (DP) Engineers/Advocates
• Partner with the Support Delivery Manager (SDM) and CSS Training teams to address any readiness gaps, ensuring findings and remediations shared across Delivery Partners and LOBs, as applicable.
• Own case management duties (incoming inspection, escalations, tech reviews/triage, wellness, reduced time to... measures)
• Provide Readiness Content (identify need for and create content; contribute to readiness efforts where you are the Subject Matter Expert (SME))
• Manage collaboration activities (reactive, proactive, cross-team for complex cases, overall process)
• Contribute to Supportability activities (case analysis and case pattern recognition, deflection initiatives, and other Supportability improvements working with Stakeholders like Supportability Program Managers)
• Release Management and Deployment for Delivery Partners (ensure it happens, do not own directly)
• As a technical/program SME, collaborate with all stakeholders to identify and recommend technical/program process and tool opportunities, leading with innovation within their scope and prioritizing needs when beyond.
• Provide Frontline Technical or Sales Operations Oversight to Delivery Partners
Optional (people in this role may perform these duties, can vary by line of business)
• Provide Frontline Operations Metrics Oversight
• Participate in DP ROB (WBR/QBR/MBR)
• Participate in Product Group Triages (coordinated with Eng. and Service TAs)
• Approval of escalations to product group on behalf of DP (known as ICMs, Bugs or similar – varies by SBU) Drive Down Speed or Time to Competency for DP Resources
• Participate in Technical and SME Interviews for New PTA Hires
• Direct Customer Contact (to support frontline engineers, periodic case ownership to maintain technical expertise)
• Run Non-Top Box and Deviation Analysis (including Approval)
• Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles (SEE/EE/EEE/TA); may be workload or specialty specific.
Japanese Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. English Language: confident in reading and writing; moderate spoken English skills
Bachelor’s degree or above required Technical Expertise on Microsoft Platform Server products/Exchange Server products/Exchange Online Service 2+ year of technical support experience and troubleshooting acumen on Microsoft CRM Online/On-Prem High proficiency levels in the following competencies:
o Analytical problem solving o Building customer/partner relationships
o Cross-boundary collaboration especially in virtual team and global environments
o Customer advocacy
o Project management
o Technology expertise
Candidates must have a customer service attitude, ability to pull together teams of diverse individuals, ability to successfully influence others, strong time management skills, and be a results driven self-starter Excellent oral and written communication skills in English including the ability to formulate issues and recommendations clearly and communicate them plainly and directly with stakeholders at all levels; Ability to work effectively under a deadline and in a multiple demand environment required.
Preferred Qualifications: Technical support background or experiencing strongly preferred. Previous partner/vendor service delivery experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.