Are you an experienced Data Center Technician that has experience from racking & stacking to deployment & decommissioning – and everything in between? Interested in new challenges and being part of a newly created team working on critical projects? Then we’d like to talk to you!
An Oracle Data Center Technician will be the technical liaison between the technology teams and the Data Center Environment. You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. As a skilled troubleshooter on a wide range of Data Center environment and systems you understand which issues to escalate to the appropriate resolver groups. You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved. Expected to improve current processes, and introduce automation with aim towards simplification.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. Some travel will be involved.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
· 3-8 years of experience in IT Infrastructure support and server administration in a mid-sized environment (200 - 1000+ server systems).
· 3-8 years of experience supporting and troubleshooting distributed, N-Tier applications, software, and operating systems.
· Must have demonstrated expertise in two or more of these areas:
o Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
o Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
o Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
o Demonstrated examples of process improvement execution
o Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
o Excellent oral and written communication skills
o Strong influencing skills
o Ability to work independently, with little direct management
o Open to provide after-hours support as needed
o Experience supporting large, Enterprise customers in an Operations environment
Ideal candidates need to be familiar with the following:
· Responsible for a shift in a 24/7/365 working environment
· Knowledge of data center ecosystem (cooling, electrical, networking, and structured cabling)
· IT Hardware Concepts:
· x86 Architecture
· Linux/Unix Administration:
· Boot Process
· File Systems
· Network device and protocol configuration
· Directory Structure
· Performance Management/Troubleshooting
· Base Operating System Install
· Some experience with Perl, Python, Bash or Java
· Core OS Services: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap, cvs
· Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
· Networking Protocols (OSI Model)
· Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards
· Project management, organization and problem solving skills with a drive for results.
· Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
· The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 75 lbs and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
· Minimal travel will be required.
· * Employment for all candidates is contingent upon pass a background check.
If this the challenge you are looking for and you meet the following requirements, we want to talk to you
Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
· Act as technical liaison for our technical teams.
· Ability to understand internal customer problem and provide technical solution in timely manner
· Ability to understand customer urgency and sensitivity of problem
· Strong Verbal and Written communication skills
· Ability to speak confidently and communicate clearly with internal customers
· Ability to work well with demanding customer environment and delight customer
· Strong Adherence to Process and be process champion
· Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all production server hardware, software.
· Provides escalated 2nd level technical support for complex technical issues which may include leading problem management cases and providing management status.
· Manages escalated support cases and leads appropriate internal technical resources and/or 3rd party vendors to resolution.
· Assist with server operating system and application upgrades, bug fixes and patching.
· Working on standardization projects for both hardware and software under the Oracle technology stack; while providing consistent system uptime as expected in a IaaS environment.
· Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep up with the latest technologies.
· Advanced knowledge of network architecture and protocols.
· Experience with enterprise administrative scripting using a major scripting language (Powershell, Bash, Perl, etc.)
· Outstanding organizational skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and experience with technical project management.
· Highly service-oriented, reliable, responsible, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers and staff.
· Experience providing client-facing, direct customer support and service.
· Ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, and tactful manner.
· Ability to work productively in cross-functional teams or resourcefully and independently as an individual.
Job: Information Technology
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire